0 of 30 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 30 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. The price of a gas cooker costing GHC450,000.00 was increased by 10%. Find its new price.
7. John paid GHC600.00 for 4 books. How many pencils could he buy if a pencil cost GHC60.00 and he is left with half the amount of money he spent on the books?
3. A pupil left home at 7:45am and arrived at his school at 8:18am. How long did he take to get to the school?
4. In an examination, 25% of the candidates failed to obtain the pass mark. The number of candidates who passed was 150. How many candidates failed?
5. An article costs GHC60,000.00. The price was increased by 10%. Find the new price.
6. Prices of items in a shop were reduced by 10% during a reduction sale. If a customer bought an electric fan for GHC81,000.00, what was its original price?
7. The population of a town in 1990 was 88,000. The population increased by 20% in 1998. Find the population in 1998.
8. Abban paid GHC630,000.00 for a bicycle at a discount of 10%. Find the actual selling price of the bicycle.
9. Workers are required to pay 4½% of their salaries into an Educational Fund. A worker’s salary is GHC120,000.00. How much does he pay into the Educational Fund?
10. If 60% of the pupils in a school are 240, find the total enrollment in the school.
11. Mansah obtained 150 marks out of 240 marks in an English test. What was her percentage score?
12. Kweku had 300 mangoes. He sold 240 of them. What is the percentage of the mangoes left?
13. There are 6 girls and 18 boys in a class. What percentage of the class are girls?
14. A rod 200cm long is broken into two parts. The shorter part is one-quarter of the length of the rod. Express the shorter part as a percentage of the longer part.
15. Express 2⁄5 as a percentage.
16. The population of Ghana was 5,000,000 in 1957. The population in 1998 was estimated to be 17,000,000. Find the percentage increase in population from 1957 to 1998.
17. Kofi had 100 mangoes and sold 80 of them. What is the percentage of mangoes left?
18. In an examination, 154 out of 175 candidates passed. What percentage failed?
19. What percentage of 5 is 0.25?
20. Express 7 minutes 30 seconds as a percentage of 1 hour.
21. Ama bought 4 textbooks at an average price of GHC25, If the total cost of 3 books was GHC55, find the cost of the fourth book?
22. If an article costing GHC400 was sold for GHC364, what is the loss percent?
23. If a profit of GHC20 is made on an item that costs GHC500, what is the profit percent?
24. A refrigerator was sold for GHC200.00 at a loss of 10%. Find the cost price.
25. An article that cost GHC25 was sold for GHC35. Find the percentage profit made.
26 A trader buys a dozen pens at GHC4.80 and sell them at 48GP each. Find her percentage profit.
27. Osei bought a hat for GHC5.He sold it to Yaovi at a profit of 20%. How much did Yaovi pay for the hat?
28. A Woman bought a sewing machine for GHC800000 and sold it for GHC920,000. find the percentage profit.
29. A set of furniture was sold for GHC300,000 at a profit of 20%. Find the cost price.
30. Kofi bought 4 books at an average price of GHC2500, If the total cost of 3 books was GHC6500, find the cost of the fourth book?